FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I apply for financial assistance?
Visit the Ask For Help page to apply for assistance.
Do you help other animals besides dogs?
At this time, dogslife only provides financial assistance for the treatment of dogs.
Does my dog need a diagnosis before I can apply?
In order for an application to be considered by Dogslife, your dog must have been diagnosed and given a recommended treatment plan (including estimated cost) by a board certified veterinary oncologist.
How does the application review process work and how long does the process take?
Once your online application is received (including all necessary supporting documents), dogslife will review your application within three business days. If your application is accepted for further review, dogslife will request supporting documentation/information from both your primary veterinarian and your board certified veterinary oncologist.
What supporting documents will Dogslife request from me?
The following documents will need to be uploaded as part of the application process:
- Income verification documents (the past year's tax return and potentially recent pay stubs if you have changed jobs). If seperate returns are filed for others in your household, we will require records for them as well.
- Signed "Primary Veterinarian Medical Records Release Form (template is embedded within the application) - this will allow us to talk to your veterinarian
- Signed "Veterinary Oncologist Medical Records Release Form" (template is embedded within the application) - this will allow us to talk to your oncologist
- Primary veterinarian records for your dog (should include latest vaccination records)
- All veterinary oncologist records including information about your dog's diagnosis, recommended treatment plan(s), and estimated cost(s)
What factors are considered in determining whether an application is approved or not?
There are multiple factors that go into our determination to approve or deny an application, including, but not limited to, the applicants financial situation, the funds Dogslife has available, and the dog's diagnosis/prognosis.
Will dogslife reimburse for services for which an applicant has already paid for?
What is your mission?
Our mission is to remove the burden of having to make the impossible determination of the value of a dog's life who has been diagnosed with cancer by providing grants to dogs and their families for necessary cancer-specific treatment when it could not otherwise be afforded.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes! As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, donations are tax deductible to the full extent of US law. Our federal tax ID # is: 82-4824238
Where does the funding come from that enables dogslife to provide financial assistance?
Funding comes from donations received from generous individual, companies and foundations.
How can I make a donation?
To make a donation using a credit card or PayPal, click here.
13770 Noel Rd., #800821
Dallas, TX 75380